Elections for the next Board of Directors are coming up! The nomination period for prospective Directors is currently ongoing. We are looking to fill two of our Board positions during this election (see the list of incumbents below).
We are an official 501(c)(3) and so our next goal mostly concerns really hitting the ground running with our fund-raising effort. If you think you can help us achieve this very important objective, please consider running for the Board of Directors! A Director’s term is one year long.
The powers of the Board of Directors are explicitly laid out in the AHA Bylaws (see “Powers of the Board” here), and since Directors take responsibility for financial activities so they must:
- have no financial conflicts of interest
- make an unrestricted financial contribution each term
- engage with and support the standing committee activities of Fundraising (development), Financial (operations), and Governance.
Here’s the breakdown of important dates for elections:
- Today until November 4 at 11:59PM: People can start nominating themselves or others over the ahashop_members at googlegroups.com mailing list.
- November 5 until November 12 at 7:00PM: absentee voting. If you know you will miss the election, email the board for guidance on how to vote absentee.
- November 12 7:00 PM to 10:00PM – Elections Party: We host a themed Build Night in which the goal is to build a Board! Converge on AHA at 7:00PM, eat potluck-style foods, and cast your ballot. We will tally votes promptly at 10:00PM.
- November 13 at Midnight: Elected Board Members are put into place!
The actual voting process will involve assigning each nominee a number from 0 to N (N being the number of nominees we have by the end of the 4th). Higher numbers represent the nominees you favor most, with 1 or 0 going to your least-favored. We will add up all of your ranking values and pick the two highest-scoring nominees, who will become the newest Members of the Board.
If you are a fully-paid Standard Member ($50), Reduced Membership Member ($20), Household Membership Member ($15), or 4 ‘n’ 4 Staff Member ($0) in November, you are entitled to vote. You may become a member at any time up until the 12th if you would like to be counted for this election.
And here’s the current Board:
Larry Works (I)
Esty Thomas (Temporary)
Tyler Soo Hoo
Incumbent Board Members who have completed their term are denoted by (I).
Temporary Board Members’ terms will expire and are denoted by (Temporary).
Please leave a comment here or on the Board Elections mailing list thread with election-related questions, or nominations. If you have matters of a sensitive nature, you may also email the board directly at board at allhandsactive.com.
Thank you, and see you for elections on November 12th at 7:00PM!