Date(s) - 23 Mar 2013
2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
All Hands Active
Learn how to cut & etch with a LASER this Saturday! This workshop is suitable for all ages. If you’re under 12, you’ll probably need an adult. If you’re over over 80, you’ll probably need a kid.
Cost: $10 if you are a current paying member of AHA. $15 if you are not.
What does all this wonderful time and money get you? Why, it gets you:
– Basic instruction on how to use safely operate the laser cutter
– Permission to use the laser cutter beyond the class
– Satisfaction in helping create a fund to maintain, repair, upgrade the laser cutter!
Basic class plans:
– Basic image editing and generation
– Difference between raster and vector
– Pre cut flight check
– How to size your document
– Laser cutter set up and lock/unlock
– Power settings and configurations
– Cleaning the bed
– Basic trouble shooting
– Acceptable materials
– Post cut flight check
FYI: This class is limited to just 8 people. PREREGISTER now to guarantee your spot!
If you have previously attended a laser cutting class, you are welcome to attend this one for free! Please note, this class is not intended to make you an artist or an expert at using the laser. At the end of this workshop you should feel comfortable properly setting up, cutting a simple object out, and shutting down the laser cutter. We will be following this guide during the workshop.
Use of the laser after this class is $2.50 per minute.
This class typically repeats every fourth Saturday of the month at 2:00pm : )
We look forward to seeing you!